Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Break Time

I'm back from Hong Kong, and I still have the cold I took on vacation with me. Yay. Enjoyed my visit with Terry and Cheryl anyway, and it was great seeing Doris, Tommy, and Kieko, too. And I've finally (on 4/29) posted the photos here: http://www.pbase.com/500fan/hk2006

I'm going on a blogging break, don't know for how long. I don't seem to have any inspiration to write lately, so I think it's time stop for a bit. I'll make note of anything unusual, but that's about it. OK, so I did have something unusual occur. When I went to teach the little girl on Tuesday the 26th, her mom wasn't home, just the Filipina maid, Lydia. Because the boss wasn't around, Lydia spent some time talking with me. She asked me where I was from, and I said California. She said her parents lived in California, and I asked where. "Chico," she said. "What?! That's where I'm from!" I cried. Can you believe it? Her folks live on El Paso Way, and her sister is a nurse at Enloe Hospital. I may have to drop in on her folks when I go back for a visit.

Feel free to check in once every two weeks or so to see if my life gets any excitement.

1 comment:

aetherwellen said...

Fair enough. I'll be looking out for updates. Take care. (((hugs)))