Friday, February 29, 2008

University, Here I Come!

Boy, it was nice to get back to school after all those boring days at home. I can't believe how cold and miserable it's been here, absolutely no desire to go outside if I don't have to. It warmed up briefly and then got back to chilling cold, bleah.

I went to Tamkang University on Wednesday and talked with the head of the Chinese department. He loves me! Looks as if there will be no problem getting in, which was a great relief to me. I'll be going back on Monday to discuss how to get my transcripts and high school diploma approved by the Taiwan high mucky-mucks. Normal procedure is to have them stamped in your own country, because most folks apply for uni from there, but I'm already here, so it's not so easy.

I've been spending time getting training from my landlord, Mr. Zhang, on how to do the eBay and Yahoo business, and I'm hoping I'll start seeing a small income from that. Still waiting to hear if I actually get the scholarship at the language school this time, and of course I'll apply for the university one, too.

Eagerly anticipating my trip to Hong Kong on the 13th and meeting up with Carol. Tonight we're going to see ABS at Riverside Pub and will have a cake to celebrate Dino's birthday, which isn't until March 6, but this is our only chance.

Gotta run, stuff to do. Had yesterday off and today, too, yippee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great news about University. I'm so proud of you.

Good luck with your new business.

aetherwellen said...

Tamkang sounds awesome! I hope you win a scholarship! Have a great trip to HK!