Friday, July 29, 2005

Just in time for the weekend

When I left for school this morning, I discovered my box of books from Amazon.com - yay! Would have been nice if the delivery person had actually buzzed my apartment yesterday when he/she dropped them off, because the box wasn't there when I got home in the afternoon, so I must have been here when it arrived - but I didn't go out again last night.

Already read one of the books this afternoon - Eleven on Top, the latest Stephanie Plum novel by Janet Evanovich. I love Stephanie and her adventures in bounty hunting. Just wish I knew how she can eat so much cake and donuts and still retain her figure. Oh, maybe it's because she's a character in a book and not a real person......

So, although I have tentative thoughts about getting out and doing something constructive this weekend, I may get sidetracked by The Twelfth Card (the latest Lincolm Rhyme novel by Jeffery Deaver), Broken Prey (the latest Lucas Davenport by John Sanford), or Long Time Gone (the latest JP Beaumont by J. A. Jance).

I will try to go to the computer expo at the Taipei World Trade Center, because I hear they give away a lot of cool stuff to the people who attend. We'll see if Kieko gets up early enough tomorrow to make the trip.

No comments: