Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Oh, and another thing or two

Can you believe this? I'm forgetting my English! I had to buy a dictionary just so I could find the words that have been pushed out of my head by all the Chinese (and a little Japanese) that I'm forcing in there.

And a note on the weirdness of Taiwan: yesterday Hiyoshi and I went to Ikari Coffee to kick back out of the heat and chat. My ears were treated to the sounds of good old American classic rock & roll. The first song I noticed was "Love Potion No. 9" which, of course, I remember the lyrics to. I lamented to Hiyoshi that if only I could purge my memory of the things I *don't* need, I'd have room for the things I *do* need! Where's the delete button anyway? As we were getting ready to leave, the song in the air was, "Davy, Daaavy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier!" And let me tell ya, it's flat-out weird to be hearing that in a coffee shop in Taiwan....

No comments: